Brand names include: Frusemide/ Frusenex / Frusid / Frusol / Frudix / Furosedon
Active ingredient: furosemide.
Buy Lasix online
Lasix is a diuretic medical product. The international name and at the same time the active component of this drug is Furosemide.
Furosemide provides an expressed diuretic action by means of the blockade of the reabsorption of ions of sodium and chlorine in the ascending part of Henle’s loop. As a result of the increase of Na+ discharge there is secondary excretion of water and increase of K+ secretion in the channels of the kidneys. At the same time, the excretion of Ca2+ and Mg2+ is increased.
Buy Lasix Online
In case of CH it quickly leads to the reduction of the preload to the heart by means of the dilation of the large veins. It provides a hypotensive action owing to the increase of the excretion of NaCl and reduction of the reaction of the smooth muscles of the vessels to the reduction of the volume of the circulating blood.
Taking the drug orally the diuretic effect is recorded within the first hour and the maximal action is gained within couple of hours. The length of the therapeutic effect is not long, it is just 6-7 hours. According to the clinical studies such short period of the therapeutic effect prevents from the fast and strong loss of minerals from the body. Therefore it is possible to take the drug in the unlimited quantity for a short period of time.
Directions for the use
- edemas during diseases of heart, kidneys, liver (including with ascites)
- sharp insufficiency of the left ventricle (lung edema)
- chronic arterial hypertension
- brain edema
- oliguria during toxicosis of pregnant
- edemas as a result of burns
- Lasix drug is usually recommended to be taken on an empty stomach.
- The dosage regimen is indicated individually taking into account of the intensity of the disorders of the water-electrolytic balance, size of glomerular filtration, and severity of the patient’s condition. In the process of the treatment of the water-electrolytic balance is adjusted taking into account the rates of the daily diuresis and dynamics of the general condition.
- In case of not severe edema the average initial dose for adults is 40 mg.
- In case of the low efficiency of the initial dosage it may be increased by two times up to 80 mg.
- The dose may be prescribed repeatedly in about 6-8 hours, up to getting the diuretic effect.
- Children may take the drug. They are prescribed the dose of 2 mg per 1 kg of the body weight. If the effect is not enough, it may be increased by 1 mg/kg
- To treat the chronic arterial hypertension the daily dose is prescribed in the dose of 80 mg per day and divide it into 2 uses
- To increase the efficiency the drug may be used in combination with other anti-hypertension remedies.
- The contraindications for the use of Lasix may include the following diseases: renal failure in the terminal stage of the disease, urinary obstruction, diabetic coma, hepatic failure, anuria, disorder of water-salt metabolism, pancreatic diabetes, and hypotension.
- Lasix is not recommended for children under 3 years old and pregnant women at the first term of pregnancy.
Possible Side effects
In case of the prolong use or prescription of Lasix in high doses the patient has to be ready that some side reactions may appear:
- lowering of the arterial pressure
- disorder of the heart rhythm
- appearance of the dryness in mouth
- muscle weakness
- reduction of the tolerance to glucose
The clinical experience of the use of this drug shows that these side effects do not bring strong discomfort and the treatment usually goes well. Only in some cases when the patient has an allergic reaction, it is necessary to see a doctor and get recommendations for the further use of the drug.