Brand names include: Prograf / Advagraf / Topgraf
Active ingredient: tacrolimus.
Buy Protopic Ointment online
Eczema could cause mental and physical harm to any person. This dermal inflammatory disease is very difficult to carry and has the unpleasant symptoms that interfere with your everyday lifestyle. Protopic Ointment can help in treating this kind of allergic disease.
This drug will help to neutralize the symptoms of eczema, improve the patient's condition and will take you back to a normal life.
Protopic Ointment is an anti-inflammatory drug for external use. Its active ingredient is Tacrolimus, prevents the release of inflammatory mediators and also neutralizes the immune response at the gene level.
Pharmacological action of Protopic Ointment occurs due to inhibition of calcineurin (key regulators of the immune system). Action occurs at the molecular level and includes the task to reduce the activity of a cellular immune response to allergic stimuli.
With this ointment, patients are able to stop the process of developing eczema and reduce the severity of symptoms: itching, burning, redness and pain. Under the influence of this drug the affected area of the skin can be reduced and also the rate of recurrence of eczema can be lessened.
Despite the fact that Protopic Ointment protein acts directly on the protein exchanges in the skin, the drug has no effect on collagen synthesis and does not cause skin atrophy.
Directions for the use
- Treatment of atopic dermatitis (moderate and severe forms)
Protopic is used as second-line therapy when other treatments do not provide effective response and symptoms of the disease are persisted. In the case of contraindications to other drugs, this drug is a great alternative for any degree of severity of atopic dermatitis.
Dosage and way of use
Protopic Ointment is used only externally, applying a thin layer of medication to the affected skin. During treatment, it is necessary to adhere to a number of precautions and contraindications, as this drug has a potent action and can cause side effects in wrong way usage.
Protopic Ointment can be applied to any skin areas, including the neck, face and skin folds. Avoid contact your mucous membranes with the drug.
- Children and teens aged 2 to 16 years, can only receive Protopic Ointment 0,03%
- Patients over 16 years old can use a stronger form of the drug Protopic Ointment 0,01%
Before you buy Protopic Ointment online, be sure to select the correct concentration of the active ingredient in the ointment. Failure in doses may cause irritation and side effects.
- The drug is applied 2 times a day with a thin layer.
- The course of treatment under this scheme lasts up to 3 weeks, after which you must re-pass a medical examination and determine the effectiveness of therapy.
- After 3 weeks of treatment you need to take a break, at least 10 days.
- The frequency of use in further treatment is reduced to 1 times per day and treatment is continued intermittently until the complete disappearance of clinical manifestations of atopic dermatitis.
When maintenance therapy to prevent relapse of eczema is provided, Protopic Ointment should be applied 2 times a week (eg Monday and Thursday) on the skin, usually affected with disease. The interval between applications of the drug should be at least 3 days.
- Patients with congenital or acquired immunodeficiency, taking Protopic Ointment is not recommended, as the body's response in this case, can be unpredictable.
- During the usage of the ointment, avoid long exposure to the sun, ultraviolet therapy, and solarium.
- Do not apply Protopic Ointment under occlusive dressings and do not wear tight clothes airtight.
Protopic Ointment is contraindicated in case of:
- Hepatic Insufficiency
- Hypersensitivity to Tacrolimus
- Genetic diseases of the skin (Netherton's syndrome)
- During pregnancy and lactation
Possible Side effects
Most likely during applying Protopic Ointment you can experience some adverse reactions associated with skin irritation: burning and itching feelings, redness, pain and rash. These effects are appeared at the areas of drug application and as a rule they are usually mild in action and disappeared within 4-5 days after beginning of the treatment.
If the side effects last for more than a week and do not disappeared with short time, you need to see a doctor and modify the treatment regimen \ or medication.
Also, during treatment, patients are under the increased risk of acne, so the appearance of acne should not scare you, this is a temporary reaction.
Where to buy Protopic Ointment ?
If you decided to begin treatment of atopic dermatitis, you can buy Protopic Ointment online order and order fast delivery to your home. You do not need a prescription from a doctor to order a drug. You only need to select the method of delivery and payment, and wait for the courier with your medicine.